Selected Exhibitions (*Solo Shows)
2012 Time Captured Anew En Plein Air, Venice Art Center and Venice Plein Air Group, Venice. Florida
2012 *Venice Little Theatre, Florida's Water Landscapes, Invitational Artist Exhibit, Venice, Florida
2012 Canvas 7, Emerging Artists Group Exhibit, Tampa, Florida
2011 University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, Invitational Artist Exhibit, Sarasota, Florida
2011 *North Port City Hall, Two-Woman Exhibit, North Port, Florida
2011 *Sarasota County Arts Council, Sarasota, Florida
2011 Saving Our Gulf Coast Exhibit, Lakewood Ranch Com Center, Bradenton, Florida
2011 Art Center Manatee, Growing Up Exhibit, Juried, Bradenton, Florida
2010 Bloomers, Manatee Art Center; Bradenton, FL. Juried.
2010 Nature Views, Three-Persons Exhibit; Brooksville City Hall Art Gallery, Brooksville, FL. Juried.
2009 Visions of Life, Exhibit (LCA) & Charity, Sarasota, FL
2008 *Sarasota Bay Club, Sarasota, FL. Juried.
2008 Manatee Art Center Member Exhibit, Bradenton, FL
2007 *Heart’s Desire Gallery, Bradenton, FL. Juried.
2007 Art Center Sarasota, Sarasota, FL. Juried.
2007 Women of Vision, Women’s Resource Center, Venice, FL. Juried.
2006 Alumni Exhibit, Ringling College of Art & Design, Sarasota, FL
2006 Mack B Gallery & Ringling College of Art & Design, Sarasota, FL
2005 Small & Lovely, White Dog Design Gallery, Sarasota, FL. Juried.
2005 Private Collector Group Invitational Exhibit, Venice, FL. Invitational
1999 Guild of Natural Scientific Illustrators (GNSI) Annual Exhibit, Richland, WA. Juried
1999 Science & Art Initiative (GNSI), Environmental Molecular Sciences Lab., Battelle US Department of Energy, Richland, WA. Juried.
Selected Commissions/Public Art
2011 Welcome to Historic Brooksville Rendering & Structural Design, City of Brooksville, Florida
2011 Charlotte County Community Foundation, FL – Portrait Painting
2010-11 Historic Brooksville Welcome Rendering & Structural Design, Finalist – City of Brooksville, Brooksville, FL
2010 Butterflies of Florida Mural, Keep Manatee Beautiful and Boys & Girls Club of Manatee County
2010 ASID Showcase Homes Architectural Renderings; Boys & Girls Club of Sarasota, Sarasota, FL
2009 Palma Sola Bay Historical Mural; Keep Manatee Beautiful, Bradenton, FL
2005 - 2010 ASID Showcase Homes, Sarasota, FL – Large-scale Artwork & Murals
2006 AMGRUNT Vietnam Exhibit – US Marine Corps AMGRUNT Division, Quantico Marine Base, Quantico, VA
2005 Mural at the Ritz-Carlton Community; Tidmore Henry & Associates, Naples, FL
2005 Trustee Portraits; Meadows Country Club, Sarasota, FL
2003 “Protect Our Reefs” State of Florida Specialty License Plate; Mote Marine Laboratory, Sarasota, FL
2003 Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium, Sarasota, FL – Complete Aquarium Expansion & Renovation and News Wings
Awards & Recognitions - Selected
- Artist-In-Residence, Teaching Artist; Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, Funded by The Dana Foundation; Training provided by The Kennedy Center of Performing Arts. Washington D.C., 2010-2011
- Artist-In-Residence, Teaching Artist; Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, Funded by The Dana Foundation; Training provided by The Kennedy Center of Performing Arts, Washington D.C., 2009-2011
- Second Place, Art Experience Competition, Venice, FL July 2011
- People’s Choice, Art Experience Competition, Venice, FL June 2011
- First Place, Art Experience Competition, Venice, Florida, December 2010
- Featured in The Pepper Tree, A Literary Magazine, Sarasota, FL, 2010
- First Place, Art Experience Competition, Venice, FL 2009
- Second Place, Art Experience Competition, Venice, FL 2009
- 2009-2011 – Shark Teeth Book Illustrations; Dr. Jose Castro; Oxford Press
- Sarasota Downtown & Beyond Magazine, Feature, Sarasota, FL, 2006
- People’s Choice Award given by the Suncoast Advertising Federation, Sarasota, Bradenton &Venice, FL., for the “Protect Our Reefs” Florida Specialty License Plate. 2005
Lectures/Public Speaking Engagements
Lecture/Critique, The Art Experience, Venice, FL. 2010, 2011
Lecture, St. Thomas More Catholic Church Women’s Club, Sarasota, FL. 2010
Interview, “Artists Spotlight”, BLAB TV Channel 20, Sarasota, FL 2009
Speaker, League of Christian Artists Exhibit & Reception, Sarasota, FL. 2006
2010 & 2011 – Painting & Journaling, Full Day Workshop, Beginning & Intermediate Acrylic Painting, Private Drawing & Painting Classes
2010 & 2011 –Teaching Art Therapy in ALF Nursing and Retirement Center to patients through a Grant, North Port Art Center, North Port, Florida
2009 – Textures & Special Effects With Acrylics, Full Day Workshop, Beginning Acrylic Painting, Beginning Watercolor Painting
2009 – Teaching Artist, Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall & Dana Foundation Grant
2008-Present – Adult & Community Education (ACE), Sarasota County Technical Institute, Sarasota, FL
1998-2001 – Mote Marine Laboratory, Education Division
1997-2000 – Longboat Key Center for the Arts, Children Program
1994-1996 – Sarasota County Technical Institute, Corel Draw & Freehand
Ringling College of Art & Design, Sarasota, FL, B.F.A.
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
2008 - The John F. Kennedy Center, Washington, D.C.